• AutoCAD 2D
• Interior detailing, joinery and specifications
• Hospitality Experience
• Good knowledge and understanding of Current UK Building Regulations
- Salary: £27000 - £36000
- Location: North West, Harrogate
Our client is a hotel chain with over 35 locations throughout the UK. They pride themselves with selecting only the most distinct properties and ensure character and quality for their quests and customers. With no two properties the same they are now looking to take on an Interior Architectural Technician to support the Head of Design on all current and up-coming projects
This role will involve liaising closely with the Development and Property Teams and the Head of Design, supporting the teams with their technical requirements.
You will be working up design and concept ideas, producing full construction drawing and specification packages offering advice with technical issues, specifications and processes from past experience. The role requires you to have excellent interior detailing and buildability knowledge. Good collaboration and communication skills necessary with the design team.
You will be managing and working to strict briefs which may include budget limitations and listed building implications. The role will involve some travelling between our clients different properties across the country and attending Design Team Meetings. This is a varied role within a fast paced environment and will be a fantastic opportunity for someone to complement our collection of properties with their creativity.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Producing Full Construction Drawing & Specification Packages
- Awareness of technical building issues, coupled with a good understanding of Building Regulation and Statutory approvals
- Carry out survey work onsite and producing record drawing information
- As Built Drawings for completed projects
- Risk Assessments for pre-construction
- Experienced communications with Statutory Authorities, suppliers, subcontractors. Site Managers, fabricators is essential
- Collaboration and communication skills necessary within the design team
- A good team player – able to work across multiple projects that are running concurrently
- To offer help, advice with technical issues, specifications and processes from past experience
- Have a keen eye for detail and design quality, delivering consistently high quality ideas and presentation output to the team
- Work independently using initiative to complete detailed drawings
- Consider materials and costs according to set project budgets
- Research, Build and maintain good relationships with key suppliers
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work efficiently.
- HNC Building Studies or equivalent
- A-level or equivalent and must have GCSE Maths and English at grades A to C (or equivalent)
- IT qualification (GCSE or equivalent minimum)
This is a full time (39hrs), permanent role but our client will accept applications for contract staff to fill in while a suitable permanent member of staff is found.