- CAD Software: AutoCAD
- Experience: Previous experience with glazing design essential
- Salary: £22000 - £27000
- Location: North West, Manchester
Our client designs and manufactures roofing, rainscreen cladding and building envelopes for the commercial sector.
To produce a total design solution specific to each contract. This will be done by ensuring compliance to contract specification relevant standards and company procedures as well as the clients and their representatives’ requirements and current legalisation.
You will be responsible for monitoring that each project is in line with the estimated budgets, project programme and in accordance with the QA manual.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Attendance at handover meetings to review and discuss the project, identifying particular design requirements including clarification of the scope of works;
- Produce working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments agreed with the customer at pre-order stage.Ensuring that drawings are within estimated budgets and that there are clearly defined methods of construction, setting out requirements and materials used;
- Liaising directly with the appropriate representatives to identify and agree all variations between the customers specifications/drawings and the tender documents;
- Ensuring that any relevant project information received from the customer is appropriately transmitted within the company;
- Producing and maintaining the contract design file;
- Submitting designs for internal review and discussion and then on for client approval;
- Supervising and monitoring the issue of drawings and other design information by trainee draughtspeople ensuring adherence with the relevant processes and procedures;
- Organising delivery of samples required by the client and obtaining approval of samples;
- Assisting with the compilation of a Project Design Programme.
- Providing technical calculations and where appropriate, the commissioning of a structural engineer to produce supporting structural calculations in line with the Design Programme;
- Ensuring all calculations are produced to meet the manufacturers delivery dates as appropriate;
- Produce as necessary schedules for procurement of materials in line with the design programme and in sufficient time to allow for internal review and checking procedures to meet manufactures delivery dates;Attend weekly team meetings with an update on design progress issues/RFI’s etc
- Working within a company CDM design procedure.
- Liaising with clients to proactively deal with any discrepancies within project documentation/specification and arranging meetings as necessary;
- Regularly liaising with other departments, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Production and Site Teams;
- Advising quantity surveyors of any potential internal or external variations to the contract;
- Chasing and requesting of outstanding information from clients;
- Keeping daily records of contracts worked on for monthly timesheets;
- Assisting with site surveys of existing and new buildings.
- Producing flashing schedules, procurement schedules and fixing lists for operation and maintenance manuals;
- Applying for manufacturers guarantees and warranties where necessary;
- Carrying out of construction (design and management) regulation assessments to meet legal requirements and apply to primary design output; support to Design Manager and all members of the delivery team.