Our client is a well established joinery and fit out firm based in Swindon. The company undertakes a wide variety of projects but specialises in retail shops and airport projects.
You will be expected to produce detailed drawings from design specifications/draft drawings using CAD technology for use in manufacturing joinery products and/or fit out installations in shops and airports.
- Undertake site surveys to:
- Ensure products are designed to the correct size and specification
- Produce technical GA drawings of the layout, dimensions and existing services
- Interpret the design brief and turn concept designs into technical CAD drawings, clarifying queries or requesting more information as required
- Co-ordinate all services to overlay drawings and produce a co-ordinated set of drawings and plan, liaising with other suppliers and contractors as required
- Liaise with fit out team and project managers to ensure they have all required information and the position of all services has been co-ordinated ready for installation
- Research required component parts such as ironmongery and decide what is most appropriate to use, where this is not already specified. Confirm proposed components with internal or external customer, completing an RFI where required
- Send drawings to internal or external customer for approval, with samples where required, and agree any changes
- Keep internal or external customer informed of any changes to the original specification, including any time spent producing additional drawings, using a Variation Proposal document
- For all joinery items manufactured in house, produce a cutting list and requisition for procurement of required materials
Working for internal and external customers, based primarily at the main offices in Swindon but with regular visits to sites, particularly in airports. Some requirement for evening or night working when visiting site.