Our client is a Design and Production company specializing in sets, temporary installations & spaces for a mix of corporate and private clients. All set is designed and built in-house by our team of carpenters and other industry specialists. They encourage our clients to let their imagination run wild and to provide them with an exciting end product.
We are looking for someone with education and/or experience in the field of architecture, interior, set or spatial design. You must be competent using CAD, particularly Vectorworks but fast learners are welcome! The ability to sketch and communicate your thoughts / ideas is also a priority as well as translating them into visualizations. As a designer here you would be dealing directly with the workshop and carpenters. The role requires a high attention to detail in a fast paced environment with short deadlines. It is an attractive prospect for those looking to take their skills in a new, exciting direction who thrive in high pressure environments. You will have the opportunity to liaise directly with clients, attend site visits / surveys, witness the construction and see the end result, all within a remarkably short amount of time.
- You must be a proficient in CAD (preferably Vectorworks)
- Ability to sketch and communicate designs
- Highly competent in 3D visuals and renders
- Competent with Adobe suite
- Furniture design & knowledge of finishing materials important
- Education or experience in the architecture, interior, set or spatial design fields
- Event Industry experience or Interior/Architectural experience an advantage
- Excellent communicator and be able to work as part of a team
- 3-6 month contract initially with the opportunity of going permanent in the future
- Rates are experience dependent.
- A standard day is 8am-6pm. (Some foreign travel and weekend work)
- On-site parking