Our client is one of the most well known organisers for some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the UK. Their events including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential Ride, London festival of cycling and the Vitality London 10,000.
They are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to the London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the areas where we organise events.
The company values are: Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun.
CADagency is proud to be representing our client recruiting for a full-time permanent experienced ‘Event Planning CAD Technician’ to join their existing Operations Department. This small team leads on the operational planning for the companies portfolio of major international mass participation and elite sporting events. The role is an attractive prospect for those looking to take their skills in a new and exciting direction; who thrive in a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will have the opportunity to become an integral part of the team, liaise directly with stakeholders and contractors, attend site visits and become actively involved in the delivery of our events right through to the end result.
Extensive detailed temporary venue layouts and route planning are an essential ingredient to the successful delivery of their events and the role includes elements of space planning, logistics and production scheduling within a drawing and mapping based approach. The role encompasses a broad variety of CAD and mapping duties across many event projects requiring a high attention to detail in a fast paced environment with defined deadlines.
- Responsible for producing drawings of complex temporary event venues, bespoke design layouts and final production drawings
- Required to liaise with, as necessary, project managers to ensure all drawings and specifications meet the required standards and timescales
- Managing the control and issue of all drawings and technical production schedule information
- Required to follow projects from initial design stages through to on-site completion and project debrief post-event
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D (3D is optional)
- Familiarity with the use of LISP commands and files (Inc. AutoLISP)
- An understanding mapping and working with OS mapping products
- Competent use of MS Office
- Strong organisation skills with the maintenance of filing structures and workflow is paramount
- Have an understanding of manufacturing techniques and installation procedures
- An understanding of specific AutoCAD Add-ons, such as CONE10UK for traffic management, would be very useful
- Knowledge of GIS systems such as CadCorp SIS
- Experience of Traffic Management is considered an advantage
- A good understanding of The Construction, Design and Management Regulations
- Working with Adobe Illustrator Geo Referenced PDF production
- The ability to support other CAD users in the team
- A strong team working ethic
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment which will include working on-site at events including weekend work
- A desire to continually learn and develop
- A knowledge of, or interest in, running, cycling or swimming would be a distinct advantage