A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our clients Brandesburton office for an Estimator. The purpose of this role is to provide high quality accurate building quotations in support of the commercial managers
Our client supplies high-quality steel-framed modular buildings complying with all permanent building regulations.
Our client offers the UK’s largest stock of pre-owned modular buildings, ranging from single self-contained cabins in a range of sizes to versatile modular building systems that enable you to create buildings of any size, up to three storeys, or any configuration and for any number of people.
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Prepare and submit detailed, accurate, professionally presented, competitive and timely quotations to commercial managers (RSM’s) for presentation to potential customers.
- Produce enquiries and obtain quotations for subcontract works using partner subcontractors [elements such as suspended ceilings, floor finishes, air conditioning etc.].
- Liaise with Purchasing to develop scopes and obtain prices from subcontractors for specialist services such as M&E, groundworks, secondary structures etc.
- In conjunction with relevant team members ensure that prices obtained from external suppliers or sub-contractors are an accurate and competitive reflection of the works required
- Co-ordinate all costs and compile the quotation document and package of information to be submitted to the customer
- Liaise with Sales Managers to ensure that, prior to submission, quotations reflect agreements made with our customers
- Ensure the timely completion and submission of quotations.
- Produce estimating statistics and reports as directed by management.
The ideal candidate will be methodical and accurate in their approach; this role requires attention to detail and commercial awareness.
The following skills and experience are essential for this position:
- Ability to interpret employer requirements into a building design solution
- AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge of building regulations
- Knowledge of modular building manufacture
Desired but not essential:
- Practical experience within a supervision role of a Technical/Drawing Office environment.
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s Grades A-C, including Maths and English or equivalent
In return for your commitment, skills and expertise, you will enjoy a rewarding career with a well-established employer that prides itself on looking after its people.
We offer excellent working conditions including a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits and high-quality learning and development opportunities.
Working hours are 37.75 hours per week comprising 0830 hours to 1700 hours Monday to Thursday and 0830 hours to 1600 hours on Friday, with 45 minutes for lunch each day.
A reasonable amount of additional hours may be required to meet the workload and demands of the Department, account of which has been taken in the salary.