• AutoCAD 2D
• Telecoms/IT Infrastructure/Electrical/Instrumentation
- Salary: £28000 - £32000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Slough
Our client designs and manufactures electronic panels for fire and gas systems mainly used in the oil and gas industry. With offices throughout the USA and Europe employing over 200 staff worldwide and being established over 40 years ago, they boast an impressive market position within this niche sector. Their office based in Slough requires a Design Technician due to on-going work loads.
For this role you will be responsible for creation of electrical interconnection, general layout and P&ID drawings within the Projects Team. Working in a busy department creating all drawing packages related to projects received from our regional sales offices based in the UK, Europe and Middle East to tight project deadlines and in accordance with the document control process.
For this role you will be working on the following tasks
- Translation of client requirements and Project Manager / Engineers instructions in to a cohesive project drawing package
- Management of all drawing package requirements from initial contract review through to project completion.
- Delivery of drawing packages within deadlines set.
- Management of electronic drawing files such as drawing blocks and libraries in a central database
- Co-ordinate and communicate with colleagues and other departments to collate, create and deliver all project drawing requirements as required. These may include, but are not limited to, GA drawings, schematics, electrical interconnection and P&ID drawings
- Prioritise and schedule workload
- Advanced user of AutoCAD
- Electrical control system design experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Maintain accuracy when working under pressure and to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Customer service and communication
- Able to work independently when required
- Proficient in MS Visio
09:00 – 17:15 (flexable)
- Onsite parking
- 25 days holiday