• AutoCAD 2D
• Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level
• Solid communicator, a robust character
• Managing a design team in the construction sector
• Planning applications and building regulations
• Strong leadership skills
- Salary: £40000 - £55000
- Location: Midlands, Nuneaton
CADagency has been instructed by a specialist manufacturing company in the Offsite / modular housing sector to recruit an experienced Design Manager . They have been providing permanent builds in a modular format for the Residential, Health Care, Construction and Education sectors. The benefits in speed and performance of modular buildings has helped see the company grow over the past few years and helped them to recently expand their manufacturing facilities.
As the Design Manager, you will be responsible for executing the design in accordance with the project’s design deliverables, directing and coordinating external design partners and the internal Project Design and CAD Technician resource allocated to the project. You will also be the primary technical contact for the project, liaising with the Contracts Manager and Project Manager from the construction team, who will be responsible for managing the overall project. As the Project Design Manager, you will also support the Contracts Manager in dealing with the client team on design related issues.
- Provide primary design oversight across multiple projects, including co-ordination with Construction and Project Management Team/Managers, to facilitate the timely completion of design information to meet internal and external design programme targets
- Liaise with the Commercial and Construction departments regarding the selection and assessment of Subcontractors to ensure they are competent, qualified and capable of providing the design input required for the project
- Manage allocated resources within projects and produce project design programmes to assist in project resource planning across the department
- Ensure Design Risk Assessments are created and appropriately maintained for each project in a timely manner and CDM requirements
- Line management responsibilities for Architect Technician and CAD Technicians as agreed
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Qualified to Degree or HND/HNC level, and have professional accreditation with a relevant institution.
- Be competent in the use of appropriate CAD software preferably, Revit, AutoCAD, and/or other 3D Modelling software
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
- Have experience of managing members of a design team, including the allocation and monitoring of design workload, as well as overseeing individuals’ personal development.
09:00 to 17:00 but flexibility due to deadlines will be required