- CAD Software: AutoCAD 2005
- Experience: Previous design engineering experience in a manufacturing company
- Salary: £28000 - £34000
- Location: North West, Bradford
Established for over 100 years our clients has become a trusted brand name in the industrial and commercial equipment industry
Today they manufacture and distribute over 35,000 high quality products covering everything a customer could need for the workplace; from handling and lifting and premises equipment to retail and office supplies, including many new ideas to help keep a customers business running smoothly.
For this role you will be designing bespoke “Special Products” in order to meet customers specific and unique requirements using Autocad 2005.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To produce a computerised estimate in the “product maintenance” side of the business software by creating a unique product code and then adding all relevant material and labour costs. This may include ringing suppliers for updated prices and discounted prices for raw materials or special parts as required,
- To create a Technical Specification within the business software in the form of a quotation which may or may not include a detailed drawing or data sheet sketch and ensuring that these are sent to the Enquiries department.
- In the event of a “Special Products” order being placed, produce fully detailed production drawings using Autocad to facilitate manufacture either by in-house processes or external suppliers.
- As and when required revise or update original product codes in the business software to conform to final production drawings with the insertion of job narrations and relevant drawing numbers in the build text of the parts list, in order for printing and issue on the works orders for production.
- Collating relevant paperwork to be passed to production planning.
- To update and maintain the parts fist for all standard product codes.
- To update and maintain the drawings for all standard products.
Other Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To book enquiries and orders in and out of the enquiry register, creating a weekly report indicating numbers of enquiries and orders received and processed during the previous week.
- To offer technical product support to sales representatives and customers.
- To issue data sheets and full size drawings to the production planning department to facilitate in the daily manufacture of standard parts and assemblies using revised up to date drawings.
- The preparation of product codes, specification and works order entry relating to the repair of damaged or faulty goods, usually damaged in transit. To include personally viewing the goods in question as to determine the extent of the damage, parts required and estimated time scale of repair.
- Present a positive image of the company to people outside.
- Carrying out any other ad hoc duties that might be required in the companies’ interest