• Solid Edge
• Previous work experience in the mechanical/manufacturing engineering sector
• 3D modelling experience using SolidEdge or similar software
• Experience with CAM software and CNC machines
- Salary: £22000 - £25000
- Location: Midlands, Nottingham
CADagency is proud to be working with the UK’s market leading providers of innovative tablet tooling & complimentary equipment. The company currently employs around 150 members of staff and due to on-going high demand they are looking to take on an additional Design Engineer to join their existing design department. The company designs and manufactures tooling machinery to be used primarily in the pharmaceutical industry to produce medicine tablets.
- Liaising with customers and agents to fully understand the customer requirements for the manufacture of their tablets and the tooling/machinery used for this process
- Providing the technical input to the sales ordering process by liaising with the customer in ‘designing out ’ any potential tabletting problems to produce an optimum punch tabletting face for the highest quality tablet and trouble free production.
- Using the appropriate software, produce clear and accurate working drawings (tablet & tooling) to enable tooling/components to be effectively manufactured according to specification requirements.
- Investigating customer returns/claims to ensure continuous improvement in the design process
- On request produce drawings/diagrams for specification manuals and documents, marketing work and procedures
- A mechanical/manufacturing engineering apprenticeship and/or recognised mechanical/manufacturing qualification at HNC level or above
- Previous 3D modelling experience using SolidEdge or similar software in a fast moving manufacturing/engineering environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as you will need to be in contact with customers from different cultures, by phone, email and occasionally in person
- Experience with CAM software and CNC machines would be useful
The expected salary for this role will be £22,000 – £25,000 plus Profit Related Bonuses. You will receive 33 days’ holiday and a contributory pension as well as life insurance. The working hours will be Monday – Friday 08:30 – 16:30 with the occasional overtime requirement.