Our client is a growing, fast-paced fabricator of natural stone and marble for both the residential and commercial sectors. They are looking to hire a deputy manager and experienced AutoCAD drafter for their dynamic North West London workshop.
This is a challenging role with a great amount of responsibility. In addition to creating drawings and plans using AutoCAD from pre-existing templates to precise customer specifications, you will also be responsible for managing the progress and workload of the entire factory shop floor.
Your managerial tasks will range from instructing the production team, to ensuring high standards of quality, to drawing up manufacturing schedules, to ensuring an adequate flow of communication between the production team and the factory manager, and so on.
Your drawing tasks will include creating cutting sheets using AutoCAD for the cutters and CNC machinists, according to precise templates and specifications. Accuracy and having a good eye for detail is paramount.
The successful candidate will be:
- Self motivated and dynamic, willing to work on their own initiative without needing to be prompted
- Willing to proactively seek out solutions to complex problems
- Friendly and able to motivate staff and communicate effectively with people, including the willingness to discipline staff where necessary
- Prepared to work overtime when necessary, including staying late and working on weekends
In addition, you will need the following skills:
- Excellent AutoCAD ability
- Be comfortable handling and understanding technical drawings
- Either prior CNC progamming experience, or the ability to pick it up rapidly
- Excellent communication and people skills
Working conditions are:
- Monday – Friday 7:30am-5:00pm. 30 min lunch break plus 2 x 15 min breaks
- 20 days annual holiday
- Free parking available and easily accessible via public transport
- Salary is £25,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
This role will be challenging and intense, but very rewarding for the same reason. It would be perfectly suited for a candidate who has already had some informal management experience looking to progress their career and gain more responsibility – or even for a drafter or factory worker without prior managerial experience but possessing the right skills and ambition to take their careers to the next stage.