Our client is a major luxury department store in Central London. The companies brand is internationally recognised and prides itself on offering employees long and rewarding careers. A vacancy within their CAD team has become available due to a member of staff leaving. For this role, you will be reporting to the Senior M&E Project Manager and working our of the Technical Services Department supplying technical drawings primarily for their commercial and office spaces that support the the main store.
For this role you will mainly be using AutoCAD but experience with Revit would be preferable.
The role is largely office based in Knightsbridge but visits to other company buildings will be required as workload dictates including but no limited to; Hammersmith, Thatcham, All London Airports.
To support Technical Services Department and the wider business by:
- Producing technical drawings for one off project works at concept stage and on smaller projects through the lifecycle of the project including tender and construction information.
- Manage master floor plans ensuring they are always up to date by regular surveys and review of as-built information provided by projects.
- Ensure calculation of gross/net floor areas are correct for all areas for use in contract negotiations with concessions.
- Effective use of the ASite Adoddle document management platform as required by line manager. Including review and tracking of approval status of documents.
You will need to be proactive individual who manage your own time effectively to achieve all of the Principal Accountabilities set out below.
The following Duties shall apply:
- Ensure the floor plans of all the companies premises are up to date
- Issue comprehensive area calculations of all brands to business units
- Produce proposal drawings to facilitate initial internal discussions on re-developments
- Produce drawings suitable for tender purposes on smaller projects. This would include liaising with end users to establish requirements and obtain necessary approvals for the changes.
- Conduct accurate site surveys to ensure accuracy of drawings, and maintain data base of ‘as built’ drawings. Where necessary liaise with external survey companies to ensure all survey work is conducted appropriately for the needs of the project
- Support the business in creation of a structural 3D model of the store
- Production of heritage statements / planning documents in collaboration with our external consultants
- Produce various drawings for in-house presentation
- Action on various drawing requests from TSD Project Managers
- Action on various drawing requests from other business directorates
- Train assistant project managers and buyers in basic CAD skill
- Complete internal training to develop key competencies in the use of Asite Adoddle in the context of the clients specific deployment.
- Stand in for Project Information and Document Controller as necessary.
- Manage the review and approval process for documents held on ASite for the areas the role is responsible. This can included, design information, O&M’s, asbestos information, survey information and live project documentation.
- Asite uses are expanding as per of a road map for improving document management across the company. As these use cases expand this role shall complete tasks as requested by line manager.
Training, Team Development and Client relations:
- To attend courses to improve efficiency
You must have a flexible approach to working hours.