Our client is an equipment supplier for commercial catering outlets (hotels, cafes, staff catering, hospitals etc) and offers a full design and technical service to clients, including installation and after sales service. The function of the company is sales and contracting.
Our client is a successful company with a Cad Design Office comprising of 4 staff (1 Manager plus 3 Cad Operators ).
Company turnover is generated by the sales force led by the Sales Director and supported by the Cad Design Office.
The Cad operators work closely with the sales team to produce high quality kitchen and restaurant design drawings and visualisations, followed up with accurate technical services drawings once an order is secured.
The Cad operator is also required to liaise with customers, architects, designers, M&E companies as well as all other departments within the company (estimating; order processing; project management and admin) to provide an effective design and technical service.
Interior design work is sometimes required with preparation of proposals/mood boards for finishes and furniture for restaurant areas.
Occasional site visits to take site dimensions and gain experience will be required.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent high level Autocad skills.
- Experience in kitchen and restaurant design with an in-depth knowledge of catering equipment procedures is highly desirable. However, a candidate with experience of working in either an architectural or contracting environment with space planning experience would be considered.
- Good design skills and design flair are essential.
- Good standard of technical awareness.
- Good knowledge of latest Windows operating systems.
- Good communication skills – the Cad Operator is an integral part of a friendly team
- and must be a good team player with a helpful attitude and have excellent spoken
- and written English.
- Ability to produce 2d design plans from rough working drawings, with minimum input
- from others.
- Ability to produce 3D Max visualisations (training given if necessary)
- Ability to produce fully detailed M&E service drawings (following training)
- Knowledge of general architecture building layouts.
- Autocad 2012
- Microsoft Office
- Internet proficient for uploading and downloading drawings and documents.
- Autodesk 3DS Max 2012
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Revit Architecture
- Salary dependent on experience and level of skills.
- Private Health Care (after 20 weeks service)
- Company pension scheme (after 20 weeks service). The company contributes 4.2% of annual salary to the scheme.
- Life cover amounting to 4 x salary (after 20 weeks service).
- Paid annual leave: 25 days pro rata plus Public Holidays. Following the third year of service leave increases by one day per year, up to a maximum of 30 days annual leave. Bank holidays are paid in addition to the above annual leave.
- The company pays a discretionary annual bonus (paid in December) which is related to company profits for that year.
- There is on-site parking available and within a 5 minute walk of a tram stop