- CAD Software: AlphaCam - advantageous
Xilog 3 - advantageous
AutoCAD - 1 year work experience (required)
Other CAD software - advantageous
- Experience: Hands on experience of operating CNC machines.
1 year hands on CNC operating experience.
Experience in woodwork/joinery
Probationary period will be required, if essential evidence cannot be provided.
Forklift Licence - desirable
Driving license - desirable
- Salary: £18000 - £25000
- Location: South East (outside M25), Sussex, Eastbourne
Responsible for the effective interpretation of briefs, conversion (CNC programing) production and channeling of relevant construction information.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Required to attend frequent production meetings and update meetings on delegated contracts, reporting back to the CNC Manager & Production director on progress and general status.
- Responsible for the effective time management of delegated work to ensure contracts are delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible the effective CNC drawing/programming & sheeting of delegated contracts ready for CNC production.
- Responsible for ensuring clear communication is given to CNC operators before cutting (i.e. – quantities, materials, labelling and destination of completed work)
- To aid in physical CNC operations if and when required.
- To physically aid in the installation of contracts, in the workshop and on-site if required.
- Compliance of all Health & Safety protocol.
- Compliance of all workshop protocol.
Frequently liaising with account/production managers on delegated contracts and all areas of production, graphics and logistics to ensure the effective completion and alignment of contracts.
Analytical and Planning:
Effective quantifying of materials at the beginning of any given job and ensuring stock levels are always within the required production levels. (This is to be set by the CNC manager)
Training and Development:
- To undertake AlphaCam training.
- To undertake mandatory training as required by company policy.
- To contribute and commit to undertaking an annual Performance Appraisal and Development Review.
Training & Qualifications:
- GCSE’s (c grade min) English & Mathematics
- Forklift Licence
- Driving license
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of CAD programing software.
- In depth working knowledge of CNC’s
- Training in Xilog 3
- Training in AlphaCam
- Probationary period will be required, if essential evidence cannot be provided.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously with compressed time frames.
Some alterations to the job description may be considered necessary to meet changes in service needs. The changes will be made in consultation with the post holder.