Overall context of the job:
An engineer with sufficient skills and experience to be able to turn his or her hand to a wide variety of engineering and related tasks throughout the business. Particular areas of focus will include Engineering, Quality, Facilities & Design. Tasks will mainly require mechanical and electrical engineering skills and the ability to solve problems using a methodical approach. A limited amount of basic CAD use may also be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Production to maintain and assess the requirements of the test benches and data testers
- Provide absence and holiday cover in the Mould shop and Engineering department, also in busy periods.
- Arrange mould tool repair/modifications, tool trials, and liaise with tool makers and moulding consultant.
- Liaise with the mouldshop engineer to propose solutions to any issues arising with Krauss Maffei moulding machines & Geiger handling robots then report to the Technical Engineer for approval before carrying out solutions.
- Provide support in the Engineering department to maintain and solve any issues arising with HAAS CNC machine, punch machine, saws etc.
- Maintain compressors to ensure compressed air is available 24/7.
- Maintain DTX-1800 analyser.
- Provide technical backup on production equipment.
- Devise & carry out tests relating to quality standards e.g. durability tests; designing & manufacturing equipment such as test jigs when required.
- Carry out quality checks on component samples received at goods in e.g. checking dimensions to drawings.
- Design & manufacture jigs & tools for Production, and provide training to production personnel.
- Involvement with computer room updates e.g. helping to run new data or phone cables around the building (IT skills are not required).
- Training, repair & maintenance of tools, equipment, plant & machinery around the building.
- Be involved with internal process improvements and new ideas in regard to production equipment, process and machines.
- Liaise with Purchasing team to order parts and consumables required to maintain plant and equipment.
- Offer solutions and ideas to the Design Department in response to customer issues regarding existing products e.g. fixing methods etc.
- Assist in production assembly of new and prototype units.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Managers and Directors as required.
All duties should be conducted according to Company Quality Control and Health and Safety Procedures.