• AutoCAD 2D
• CATIA V5
• Experience in the rail and train industry would be advantageous
• Experience with stress analysis is required
• 3 years + experience with SolidWorks or CATIA
- Salary: £25000 - £30000
- Location: Midlands, Birmingham
Our client has been producing fabricated products to the Rail Sector for the past 20 years. Our client is looking to expand their design team and is looking for a design engineer to operate their CATIA V5 Release 19 station.
The successful candidate will be fully conversant with Catia V5 and have a bright design acumen.
Some work experience fulfilling a similar role within the rail industry would be highly beneficial as would the capability to perform stress and fatigue calculations of metals in a designate environment.
Our client is willing to offer candidates with SolidWorks experience the ‘CATIA Fundamentals’ Course that would get them up to speed with using CATIA.
The main duties will be:
- The reverse engineering of client products, draught the development of a suite of drawings for production manufacture purposes.
- Review current designs with a view to cost reduction manufacturing, re-designing where appropriate and preparing a suite of drawings for consideration of our clients.
- Design and draught a suite of drawings for a requirement designated for a predefined space envelope by our clients, it is highly likely that a theme will be given by us the directorate and the solution will be developed jointly
This is a permanent staff position and future prospects are very good as there are great advancements to be made in the rail interiors market within new train building and refurbishment of current train carriages.