- CAD Software:
• Previous experience with CAD/CAM
• Previous experience with CNC Milling
• Previous experience setting CNC machines, engraving and calibrating
- Salary: £25188
- Location: Midlands, Nottingham
CADagency is proud to be working with the UK’s market leading providers of innovative tablet tooling & complimentary equipment. I am currently recruiting for a CAD/CAM designer that has experience primarily with CNC Milling. My client designs and manufactures tooling machinery to be used primarily in the pharmaceutical industry to produce medicine tablets. As this is a higher niche industry training will be given but a background in CNC Milling and CAD/CAM design is required.
My client is a medium sized business with 150 staff, mainly working in the manufacturing departments. My client does have on site manufacturing facilities and for this role you will be hands on with the machinery. The software used for the CAD design is SolidWorks & SolidEdge and on the CAM side is EdgeCAM. Previous working experience with this software will be advantageous.
You will be in a tool room environment, entering data.
The main tasks you will be carrying out:
- Occasionally designing and creating models for the tools or hobs we haven’t got but mainly following a process where the designs have already been done
- The process is simplified so the main jobs are setting the CNC machines, engraving, calibrating, run it and use microscopes, program and run it and do some editing
- Occasionally programming, creating models from sketches which are then projected and then pressed.
There is on site parking and most of the current staff commute up to 15 miles.
This role will work on a Morning and Afternoon shift pattern as follows
2 shift system 39 hours per week
- Mornings (6am – 2pm)
- Afternoons (2pm – 10pm)
Although for the first 3 months you will be on the day shifts training.
This is a permanent role although you will be paid monthly on an hourly basis. Rate of pay is £10.26/hour plus 18% shift bonus, effectively £12.11/hour, which works out at around £25,188/annual with a one weekend day roughly every 6 weeks.
There is also a company pension and profit related bonus once completing your 3 month probation period.