Our client is the global leader in the design, development and delivery of products and solutions for advanced building envelopes as well as cold storage solutions. For this role you will be working in their cold storage department producing drawings and offering quotations to clients.
This area of the business takes the responsibility of detailing through customised Tekla system customer requirements from their given room sizes. You will require an in depth knowledge of the Coldstore products and accompanying door components. As each project can be different (one compartment / dual / triple compartments / Chill and freezer / irregular shapes) a close relationship between the ASM, customer and our Third Party suppliers must be maintained.
- Work in conjunction with the customer to discuss their design requirements, offering technical advice to achieve what they need whilst keeping within the capabilities/limitations of our products, including the doors, floors, spans, thicknesses, temperature requirements.
- Send drawings both in plan view and 3D to the customer along with the priced quotation.
- Using excel to produce quotes together with the drawings and then entered into our project tracking system PSA.
- Working hand in hand with Area Sales Managers to produce quotations in our PSA (Project Sales Achiever) system to help win projects in the coldstore sector.
- Liaising with internal customer services to help process quotations for orders received to ensure correct pricing for each specification of panel marries up.
- Decipher door requirements based on the coldroom specified, determining how customer will gain access (through ramp, raise floor, recessed floor etc) this will then determine which door customer requires (frame and threshold).
- Calculate the measurement on the wall where door will sit allowing for clear opening and structural opening to ensure width and height will fit onto the customer’s room.
Key skills and experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Driven with the ability to work as part of a team but also as individual with individual measures and tasks
- Ideally Tekla knowledge but not essential as training can be given
- A background in the construction industry and export environment would be advantageous.
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Pension Scheme
- Christmas Shutdown
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Company Bonus
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Policy (qualifying period)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Social Club