• AutoCAD 2D
• HNC in Civil engineering or appropriate qualification
• Previous experience in Highways and Transportation (essential)
• Proven knowledge in Design of Highways related projects
- Salary: /Competitive
- Location: South Wales, Cardiff
CADagency is pleased to be working with a transport planning and infrastructure design company with offices located all over the UK. This role will be based in their Cardiff office and you will be working on an interesting mix of Residential, Commercial and Industrial infrastructure projects.
In this role you will aid in the delivery of highway works schemes, drawings and electronic designs to the required technical standards and within the required timescale and budget.
- Working as part of an engineering team to ensure teamwork and delivery. Your personal contribution making you technically competent with the awareness of issues around highways projects
- Producing highways, infrastructure and development CAD designs / drawings
- Providing CAD and technical support for other members of staff
- Ensuring all designs are produced in accordance with the company’s standards and legislation
- Ability to prepare designs with an in-depth knowledge of DMRB and MfS suite of documents
- Prepare drawings in CAD with additional knowledge of add on packages such as Vehicle Tracking
- Working Knowledge of processes such as Requirement for TRO, S278, S106, S38 Works
- Carry out site inspections and surveys
- Deliver design projects to programme and budget.
- Manage workload and resources proactively to ensure resources are fully utilised.
Training and Work Experience:
- HNC in Civil engineering or appropriate qualification
- Previous experience in Highways and Transportation is essential for this role.
- Proven knowledge in Design of Highways related projects including in particular:
- Preliminary and Detailed Design
- Highway Maintenance
- Proven knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) & Manual for Streets (MfS1&2)
- Financial awareness and commercial acumen to manage the costs on highways related projects to provide best value for clients and positive results
- Enthusiasm to learn and work in a team environment is essential
- Approachable ‘team player’
- Managing workload to meet deadlines
- Able to deliver to demanding targets