CADagency is pleased to be working with a family owned, rural based timber frame design business based in Winchester. Due to a chance in circumstances the current CAD Technician is leaving the business and they are looking for his replacement. For this role you will be taking plans from Architects and creating 2D AutoCAD drawings. As you develop in the role you will be given more design responsibility and have the opportunity to develop into the manufacturing process. As a family run business they priorities a friendly and personable client and staff experience so a friendly and out-going personality is essential.
This is an immediate start role with a preference on stating on 13/07/2018
You will be reporting to the Technical Design Manager and be responsible for taking briefs from the domestic and commercial Sales teams and producing accurate and timely pre-production design drawings for presentation to customers. You will also be responsible for supporting the efficient and effective day to day operations of IT and related systems across the business.
- Create initial CAD designs / pre-order drawings in a timely and accurate fashion based on customer requirements provided by the Sales team and in support of the sales process
- Review all building designs to ensure they meet building regulations, industry standards, technical guidelines and best practice
- Clarify details provided within the customer briefs to ensure understanding and double check all subsequent designs and plans against the briefs so that customers receive an accurate (right first time) representation of their lodge / building
- Maintain a neat and tidy workspace and desk to promote effective and efficient working practices and good health and safety
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with the Technical Design Manager, the appropriate Sales Managers and the Managing Director, bringing to their attention any issues with workload / deadlines which may have an impact on customer service
- Respond in a polite and timely manner to all requests from IT users across the company for IT support, problem solving where possible any operational IT issues to minimise down time and optimise productivity in the office
- Liaise with IT systems providers to address unsolved operational issues, maintain and where practical improve the appropriate levels of service to the users
- Communicate in a courteous, polite and constructive manner, and co-operate effectively with colleagues across the rest of the business to promote good customer service, operational efficiencies and report any issues to ensure continuous improvement
- Keep up to date with professional and technical developments, including building regulations, industry standards and best practice, recommending improvements to working practices, products, processes and systems to ensure a continual improvement to the business