CADagency is delighted to be working one of the UK’s leading genome and biodata research centers. Due to high demand within the Facilities Management team there is an immediate requirement for a Contract CAD Technician for a 3 month period with the possibility of further extension.
You will be working within the Capital Projects Department, part of the Management Operations/Facilities Management team.
This is within a small team of 5 Project Managers, CAD Technician, an Administrator and Head of Department.
The Capital Projects Office works closely with key stakeholders on campus (H&S, FM, Incumbent Maintenance Team, IT, Conference Centre, Tenants and Staff) to plan, design, manage and deliver refurbishment projects and minor works to develop and improve existing campus facilities and buildings. They also support and act as the informed client for new buildings on site.
This role will be to cover for the Drawing Office Manager.
You will be required to communicate closely with various stakeholders on site and to work closely with other members of the Capital Projects team including the director.
You will need to have good communication skills, both written and verbal and be organised and be able to work on multiple projects at a time.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite inc’ Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Highly competent with AutoCAD 2D – Creation of new and alteration of existing site drawings
- Planning application drawings
- Management of Engineering Change Controls
- Amending controlled drawings with project change provided by project engineers/managers
- Amend controlled electronic O&M data base with project change
- Any drawing design / layouts as appropriate
- Provide revised room numbering to project engineers in coordination with FM for any churn projects/change
- Distribution Board Schedule updates and re-issue after change from projects
- Demonstrates inclusivity and respect for all
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Ability to work in cross functional delivery teams.
Monday to Thursday 09:00 -17:00
Friday 09:00 – 16.30
Half hour unpaid lunch break