Our client is the leading planning and development consultancy in the UK. Their specialists deliver insight, innovation and advice to create great places for future generations.
Their staff are central to the companies. They are bright, creative, committed and adaptable whilst remaining focused on delivering the highest levels of planning excellence. You will be providing advice to some of the UK’s best companies on some of the most exciting and challenging projects. In return, you will work in a culture that is dynamic and highly innovative, sharing in many benefits.
Our client is owned by an Employee Benefit Trust and therefore they have no financial or other obligations to external shareholders. Their profits are reinvested into the business and shared with staff through bonus schemes.
They celebrate their 55th anniversary this year. Since 2012 they have raised over £139,000 for local charities, for which they were awarded ‘JustGiving Company of the Year’.
Our client is looking for a CAD Technician / DS Analyst to work in our Design and CAD Department, forming part of a specialist team providing technical support across the company. You will also work closely with the Urban Design team and planning staff.
In this role you will be responsible for the production of 3D solid AutoCAD models to support daylight and sunlight assessments and visualisations.
You will need to demonstrate that you can carry out professional work to a high standard and have the confidence and ability to create relationships with clients, suppliers and co-consultants on jobs, whether by telephone or at meetings.
An understanding and demonstration of the importance of deadlines, budget constraints, client care and quality control is also important.
- You will hold a qualification in CAD or related fields and/or have at least two years experience in a technical, CAD based role. The role requires you to be competent using AutoCAD to produce 2D plans and 3D solid models
- You will have two years experience undertaking daylight and sunlight analysis in accordance with the BRE guidance
- You will also have a good appreciation of the modelling process and must be confident working in three dimensions, with the ability to read and convert architectural plans, elevations and sections into accurate 3D models
- You will enjoy working in a team and demonstrate flexibility in order to support all aspects of the team’s workload when required
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in the built environment and be expected to demonstrate good spatial understanding and numeracy skills
- Experience of 3D Studio Max, Revit, Waldram Tools and/or SOL, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is desirable but not essential