Overall context of the job:
Member of a team responsible for the supply of technical information to support internal and external customers.
Overall purpose of the job:
To provide information such as CAD drawings, wiring diagrams, pick lists and technical support, using CAD software, MS Excel and other MS Office software.
As an active member of the technical department and in liaison with other relevant teams, deliver innovative new products and solutions to the marketplace, on time, within budget and of the highest quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To produce CAD drawings to enable ALL quotes to be accompanied with a specification drawing when submitted to a customer
- To provide a service that enables completion of all aspects of pre-production (from the submission of an order to its presentation to the production team for its manufacture, within 24 hours). This includes providing component pick lists and wiring diagrams
- To liaise with purchasing and production to highlight special purchases or stock outs
- To advise the sales team on any order queries or technical issues that may arise
- To gain awareness of safety standards, e.g. BS6396
- To assist in testing of tools and new products
- To investigate customer complaints and present a report to the Technical Manager for them to use to resolve the complaint and contact the customer
- To assist in providing bespoke design solutions where required
- To build units on the production floor where required to assist understanding of drawings, designs etc
- To be constantly aware of increased productivity across the technical function both via the improved utilisation of technology and establishment of more efficient processes and methods
- To prioritise own workload
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the T-card system
- To be aware of and work to high quality standards
- To maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity at all times
- To work on own initiative as appropriate
- To carry out any other duties, as requested by the Technical Manager and Company Directors as and when required.
All duties to be conducted according to Company Quality Control and Health and Safety procedures.