We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated candidate for the position of CAD Engineer/AV designer. Our ideal candidate should possess a minimum 2 years of industry related experience.
Key skills and responsibilities:
Technical / Design
- Possess thorough and comprehensive knowledge of AV Design and engineering
- Expert in creating scalable AV CAD drawings
- Design & specify Audio Visual systems including schematic production
- Provide M&E, architectural & IT information to the professional team on the AV design
- Assist in developing QA processes for drawing production and design development
- Have an understanding of BIM and be prepared to develop BIM skills through training
- Knowledge of 3D modelling / rendering packages would be advantageous but not essential
Research / Technology & Innovation
- Lead research efforts into emerging technology and future trends and provide updates to directors and team
- Establish regular updates and briefings from key system manufacturers
- Explore areas of technology innovation and potential areas of service differentiation
General Administrative Tasks
From time to time assist Consultants in the production of design documents including word reports and budgets
Anticipated Person Profile
Background: Likely to be working as CAD technician for an AV or IT installation company. Strong interest in the opportunities presented by technology convergence and building infrastructure.
Relevant industry experience ideally with appropriate technology qualification
Personality: Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and strong critical reasoning. Team player whilst possibly looking for a more autonomous role than they are currently in or the opportunity to learn new skills.
Must be an energetic team player and have a strong work ethic