• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 2D
• Cabinetmaking - 5 years
- Salary: £30000 - £45000
- Location: North Wales, Wrexham
My client is a well established furniture design and joinery company based in Wrexham specialising in high-end residential and yacht projects.
Due to on-going high demand for their services, they have a need for an additional experienced CAD draughtsman to join their design team. This is a full-time permanent role and to be considered you will have at least 5 years experience designing bespoke cabinets and high end joinery.
As part of a team you will producing accurate technical drawings for manufacture, taking design concepts and developing them into technical drawn handover. You will work closely with the Project Manager’s and create detailed CAD drawings for production on a variety of projects at any one time.
- Over 5 years bespoke furniture cabinetmaking experience is imperative
- 2 or more years of experience working as a Draughtsman of furniture and/or on luxury residential or yacht projects is a distinct advantage
- Able to use computers/ IT literature – Intermediate level in Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD and Rhino, or other 2D/3D software drafting experience is beneficial
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, illustrator etc. would be useful
- The ability to work well within a close-knit team, as well as independently
- Confident communication and design-direction abilities – liaising with the project team to ensure the design exceeds client expectations and meets budget and time constraints is an important part of the role
- Setting the standard for design as part of the brand experience, including graphics, design and print
- Efficiently prioritise designated tasks and communicate potential concerns to the drawing team and a working knowledge of interior or architectural design
- Proactively contribute ideas for improving practices and efficiency
- Adhere to best practice at all times and positively react to changing demands of the company