• AutoCAD 2D
• Knowledge of roof truss/timber sector, particularly building standards
• Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
- Salary: £34000 - £36000
- Location: Midlands, Derby
CADagency is pleased to be working with an award winning manufacture of innovative modular roof systems. They work closely with major house builders, developers and private contracts. Due to on-going demand they are looking to recruit a CAD Designer with roof truss/timber experience. You will play a lead role in the design department and prepare roof panel drawing packs for approval and manufacture. You will also be responsible for liaising with both Customers and Production to maintain a steady and accurate flow of information in a reasonable timeframe.
- Produce accurate drawing packs for production in a timely manner
- Ensure work is carried accurately in the agreed format, to agreed timescales
- Contribute to the development of new designs
- Work in line with departmental and company objectives
- Provide productivity/KPI reports as required
- Communicate directly with Customer technical teams and answer their queries
- Customer and site visits as required
- Previous design experience
- Knowledge of roof truss/timber sector, particularly building standards, is essential
- Ability to demonstrate effective line management experience
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or similar design package
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works independently, decisive, strong judgement, problem solver.
- Ability to work to set deadlines
This demanding yet challenging position offers an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join a progressive company and to develop an exciting career. Selected candidates must be enthusiastic with an excellent work ethic and be prepared to work hard.