CADagency is delighted to be working with a design and implementation company working in the field of commercial catering. They offer a full design and technical service to clients, including equipment supply and installation, turnkey projects including building/finishing works and after sales service. The function of the company is sales and contracting.
There is a current requirement for a new CAD Designer with strong AutoCAD skills. You will ideally have experience working as a designer within the Commercial Catering Industry and any experience with Revit would be highly beneficial.
The company has a vibrant Design Office currently comprising of 6 staff (1 Manager, 1 Senior Designer plus 4 Designers).
Company turnover is generated by the sales force supported by the Design Office.
As a CAD Designer will be working closely with the sales team to produce high quality kitchen and restaurant design drawings and visualisations, followed up with accurate technical services drawings once an order is secured.
You are also required to liaise with all other departments (estimating; order processing; project management and admin) to provide an effective design and technical service. Interior design work is sometimes required with preparation of proposals/mood boards for finishes and furniture for restaurant areas. Occasional site visits to take site dimensions and gain experience will be required.
Interior design work is sometimes required with preparation of proposals/mood boards for finishes and furniture for restaurant areas.
Occasional site visits to take site dimensions and gain experience will be required.
- Excellent high level AutoCAD skills essential
- Experience in commercial kitchen and restaurant design with an in-depth knowledge of catering equipment would be highly desirable
- Good Revit skills would be highly desirable
- Good design skills and design flair are essential
- Good standard of technical awareness
- Good knowledge of latest Windows operating systems
- Good communication skills – the Cad Operator is an integral part of a friendly team and must be a good team player with a helpful attitude and have excellent spoken and written English
- Capability to produce fully detailed M&E service drawings (training will be given as required)
- Knowledge of general architecture building layouts.
- AutoCAD 2016 onwards (essential)
- Revit 2016 onwards (desirable)
- Microsoft Office (essential)
- Internet proficient for uploading and downloading drawings and documents (essential)
- AutoDesk 3DS Max (desirable)
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 (desirable)
- Private Health Care (after 20 weeks service)
- Company pension scheme with 4% company contribution
- Life cover amounting to 4 x salary (after 20 weeks service).
Paid annual leave: 25 days pro rata plus Public Holidays. Following the third year of service leave increases by one day per year, up to a maximum of 30 days annual leave. Bank holidays are paid in addition to the above annual leave.
The company pays a discretionary annual bonus (paid in December) which is related to company profits for that year.
There is on-site parking available and the offices are within a 5 minute walk of the Waddon Marsh tram stop.