• AutoCAD 2D
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a ‘special purpose’ machine design role
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience using 3D CAD design
• A minimum of a HNC/HND education (degree preferable) in an engineering discipline
• Knowledge of fabrication, machining and assembly techniques
• CNC machine programming/operation (tube bending knowledge preferable)
- Salary: £25000 - £35000
- Location: North West, Keighley
Our client is a leading manufacturer of stairlifts who offer a wide range of stairlift solutions to fit the needs of every one of their clients. They pride themselves on being able to provide highly customised solutions to fit the home and layout of every user.
A vacancy has come up for a CAD manager.
Purpose of Job
- To manage & work within a team, providing stair lift designs and drawings to customer surveys and specified requirements.
- To undertake facets of product design and improvement on existing & new products.
- To manage all in house CAD information.
Key duties and tasks
- Efficiently manage a team responsible for producing workable, accurate and concise full assembly models, detail drawings and BOM’s (Bills of Material) for all products, both standard and non-standard, to a high standard.
- Check drawings for accuracy and content, correct and revise as necessary.
- Define, manage and maintain KPI’s for stairlift rail design department.
- Identify key efficiencies & implement change if necessary..
- Participate and add value to the product design team working on both new and existing products.
- Undertake mechanical design calculations where required i.e. bending moments, stress etc.Develop & maintain CNC bending programs and support the production department with training on CNC bending machinery.
- Manage all in house CAD information by implementing, configuring and training other users on ePDM system.
- Provide guidance and support to other members of the CAD team.