CADagency is pleased to be working with an independent lighting design practice. Working within the architectural sector they have been established over 20 years and focus on strategic branding and innovative product design.
They are currently looking to recruit a BIM Technician on a Freelance basis to help out for a couple months full time (starting after Easter) before moving onto a one day per week arrangement (this is flexible at the moment).
You will be working as part of the design team and will be expected to create 2D and 3D designs as well as production drawings as part of a BIM workflow. You must be capable of working both independently and with other members of the team within the studio environment to realise design proposals in both 2D and 3D format.
You must have proven experience in the following BIM workflows and production processes to a Level 2 BIM Standard, alongside demonstrable knowledge and experience of the following software platforms:
- Rhino (optional, but preferred)
- Grasshopper (optional, but an advantage)
- Navisworks (optional, but an advantage)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Set up drawings and make them ready for team to work on
- Create unique Revit families
- Assist the Lighting Design Teams with drawing production
- Review project files for compliance with agreed standards and protocols
- Implement best practice procedures
- Produce accurate 2D drawings and/or 3D models
- Coordinate drawing production in line with project requirements and in conjunction with other disciplines
- Help to technically deliver CAD/BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
- Meet tight deadlines and able to work alone or with a team
- Contribute to design and detailing activities within the studio or otherwise assist as required