• A clear understanding of Building Information Modelling and its benefits to the construction Industry
• A multidisciplinary approach to design, independent of background
• An industry related degree
- Salary: £27500 - £35000
- Location: North West, Manchester
CADagency are pleased to be working with a fast-growing Digital Construction consultancy who offer engaging work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects. After a highly successful year they are looking for a new team member to help them with a strong pipeline of varied work across multiple sectors.
My client is a dedicated team of Autodesk Certified professionals with backgrounds in Architecture, Technology, Surveying, Interior Design and Education. Operating four distinct service streams; Projects, Support, Content & Training they work to support Estate Owners, Contractors, Architects and Manufacturers to leverage the advantages available to their businesses’ through the successful application of BIM processes.
Operating nationwide they are constantly reviewing developments in the sector so that they can continue to provide their clients with straightforward, practical advice that delivers measurable results.
They are currently looking for an Information Manager to help work across multiple live projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
A large part of this role involves the management and delivery of client’s information requirements on construction projects though activities such as design coordination, technical authoring, data verification and clash detection.
A typical week would include:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, either remotely or at design team meetings.
- Assist clients develop strategic BIM documentation (BEPs, EIRs, AIRs etc.)
- Developing and cross-checking model information against the Employer Information Requirements (EIR) and/or Project BEP.
- Generation of spatial co-ordination (Clash detection) and data verification (using Solibri) reports at agreed milestones, rationalising and production of reports indicating the issues to be coordinated.
- Chair design coordination meetings, guiding the design team through the issues found and recording the resolutions agreed.
- Build relationships with existing clients and undertake business development activities to lead and secure new work.
- Provide technical support to our clients.
- Be able to demonstrate, map and integrate disparate AEC technologies to solve design workflow inefficiencies.
- Perform in-depth assessments to investigate, uncover and understand a customer’s business issues
- Deliver effective, professional product demonstrations to customers
- Develop technical proposals and bespoke training material
- Deliver training
Qualifications and Skills
- A clear understanding of Building Information Modelling and its benefits to the construction Industry
- A multidisciplinary approach to design, independent of background
- An industry related degree
- Revit, Navisworks and Solibri skills
- Experience of using a variety of modelling packages and their interoperation
- Have a good working knowledge of industry standards such as the PAS1192 suite, Uniclass, CIC BIM Protocol etc
- A passion for quality and continuous improvement with a focus on delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- A valid driver’s license would be beneficial
- A positive attitude & a great sense of humour
- A competitive salary dependent upon experience
- We offer Flexible Working Hours
- A Generous Bonus Scheme
- Medical Insurance (Optional)
- Company Pension
- Regular Training
- Child care vouchers
- A fantastic work environment