For this role my client is looking for a BIM Coordinator with around five years’ experience in Revit / NavisWorks. You will ideally come from a design background with previous exposure to the technical aspects of Architectural, civil, structural and MEP BIM modelling.
You will be reporting to the BIM Manager and will be reviewing and assessing consultants BIM models. For the role you will ideally have around 5 years experience in a technical BIM role with a Civil Engineering degree.
In order to provide a campus wide federated BIM model for the City Airport Development Programme (CADP) works, it is proposed that a BIM/CAD Coordinator resource be provided within the Delivery Partner (DP) team to manage the day to day technical aspect of managing a campus wide federated model.
- Managing the quality of the federated campus model in Aconex BIM Module;
- Reporting any model issues to the respective Project Engineer and assisting them to resolve issues with the Consultant;
- Carrying out secondary clash checks in Navisworks Manage;
- Carrying out secondary model data checking;
- Supporting Project Estimators in extracting quantities from the models;
- Driving model walk-throughs and navigation during stakeholder presentations;
- Updating BIM documents as required for review and sign-off by the DP BIM Manager;
- Supporting the DP BIM Manager in the day to day management of BIM on the CADP;
- Having extensive experience in the use of BIM software applications such as Revit & AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Experience in the use of Navisworks Manage and model data checking software such as Solibri or Assemble would be recommended;
- Experience in Synchro Pro (4D/5D) and Unity (AR/VR) or equivalent software would be beneficial.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Undertaking basic design authoring using Revit and/or CAD.
- Using Autodesk Recap to prepare point cloud files for importing into Revit.
- Importing scans and models into Unity for use in VR.
- Importing construction objects (MEWPs, hoarding, personnel etc.) into Unity to represent construction phasing in the existing terminal.
- Taking direction from the construction team as to what needs to be modelled in VR.
- Assisting the construction team during presentations to drive the VR element of the presentations.
- Organising the scans to be undertaken and providing guidance to the construction team as to best practice for undertaking the scans.