Our client of consulting and structural civil engineers, require an Associate Designate to join them on a permanent basis. This position is a very senior role within the company, and with the Second Director planning to reduce his work load, with a view of retiring, this position would ultimately lead to the taking over of that position.
- Preparation of structural calculations and specifications
- Briefing and supervising CAD Technicians/Junior Engineers
- Liaising with internal and external contacts to determine project requirements
- Ensuring projects are completed to agreed budgets and timescales
- Efficient design using steel, masonry, timber and concrete
- Educated to a minimum degree level within a relevant engineering discipline
- Experienced in the design of building structures
- Chartered or actively working towards chartership
- Ability to design efficiently in steel, concrete, masonry and timber
This is a rare vacancy in that, for the candidate who proves themselves capable in the role, would have the opportunity to lead to a directorship position- complete with equity share options. Benefits include 28 holiday (plus extra day for every two years’ service), Private Healthcare (opt in- so contribution is required), Work place pension from October and mileage paid.