CADagency is delights to be working with a specialist Building Envelope Solutions company within the construction sector. They currently employ over 100 members of staff working in their two offices and across project sites. They specialise in design, installation and project management and ensures they deliver first-rate, tailored, roofing, cladding and glazing solutions for their clients. They already work with the construction industry’s leading main contractors and prestigious clients and their live projects include high-profile Crossrail contracts.
All the companies design work is undertaken in-house, therefore providing their clients with an integrated design and detailing service ensuring single source responsibility. You will be working for main contractors, project management companies, architects and direct clients.
Reporting directly to the Design Manager, you will be given support and training to develop in this role to provide a high level of support to the Design Manager and Design Teams. The key tasks associated with this role are:
- Attendance at training courses as set out in your training and development plan. This would typically include achievement of the next level of qualification, i.e. HND or degree level qualification;
- Developing a greater understanding of roofing, cladding and glazing systems;
- Providing greater support to Design Manager and all members of the team;
- Attendance of internal and external meetings;
- Having a greater awareness of when drawings and documents are due back;
- Chasing Clients, Architects and internal people when required to ensure that programmes are not compromised;
- Production of a simple programme to monitor workload;
- Keeping daily timesheet records of contracts worked on for billing purposes;
- Creation of design files for new projects and ensuring that they are kept up to date;
- Drawing files (Architects, Engineers, Steelwork, Other)
- Production of working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments agreed with the customer at pre-order stage;
- Ensuring that drawings are within the cost budget of the estimate and that there are clearly defined methods of construction, setting out requirements and materials used;
- Working within a company CDM design procedure;
- Submitting designs for internal review and then on for client approval;
- Production of flashing schedules, procurement schedules and fixing lists in sufficient time to allow for internal review and checking procedures and to meet manufacturers delivery dates;
- Photocopying and distributing contractual information to internal departments;
- Gaining further awareness of costs associated to a project and identification of variations;
- Liaising more with other departments to aid in a successful delivery of a project;
- Organisation of suppliers meetings and greeting them;
- Ensuring that the Design Manager is kept up to date with programming issues, deadlines and project challenges;
- Ensuring that all project information received from the client is appropriately transmitted to the relevant department;
- Sending e-mails, letters and making telephone calls in order to obtain all the information necessary;
- Working closely with the Design Team to understand the full extent of products;
- Working within strict Design Office procedures and systems;
- Production of operations and maintenance manuals;
- Liaising with the Client to understand the required format of operations and maintenance manuals;
- Production of request for information forms in conjunction with design team;
- Issuing request for information documents to the Client in accordance with the project procedures;
- Logging request for information documents onto the Design Report and filing where required;
- Logging all drawings and documents issued onto the Excel report with high accuracy;
- Colour co-ordinating the relevant documents appropriate to its status on design reports;
- Monitoring the Design Report against dates and chasing people where required;
- Advising the Design Manager of specific dates where documents are overdue;
- Liaising with Clients and chasing them on status, overdue items and discrepancies;
- Assisting the design Team in organising samples ;
- Downloading information where required or as advised by the Design Manager;
- Ensuring that technical information is transmitted through the Company where necessary;
- Ensuring that old information on the IMS is removed and replaced with the new.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Project Team from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
You will possess excellent IT skills, specifically AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Experience of 3D modelling would be advantageous. As a minimum you will have attained a construction, design or AutoCAD HNC or degree (or equivalent).
You will be keen and willing to learn and develop in a supportive environment where a strong emphasis is placed on development and training. Good business communication skills will be essential along with a professional manner.
- Matched personal pension contribution up to 6% following probation
- 32 days holiday including Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Membership of Health cash plan scheme (after probation)
- Optical care vouchers
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free parking!