• 3ds Max
• Adobe Suite
• AutoCAD 3D
• Extensive experience using 3D AutoCAD
• Rights of Light experience preferable
- Salary: £30000 - £34000
- Location: North West, Manchester
Our client is a market-leading surveying and design consultancy that operates mainly in the right-of-light sector. Company growth has created demand for a skilled CAD Technician to work in their brand new office in Manchester. The successful candidate will undergo 3 months training using specialist software in their London office (assistance given with accommodation costs) before commencing work in Manchester.
Your role will be creating highly accurate and realistic 3D AutoCAD models (in solids) of development sites and surrounding buildings for use with in-house analysis software (training supplied). You must be able to manage projects while working to deadlines and within budgets, communicating regularly with Surveyors and Architects.
Your main duties will be:
- To create 3-dimensional modelling of buildings and their surroundings for surveyors and clients. The client’s models usually relate to light-related issues and this requires particular detailed attention to window openings, room size and room height. Modelling perhaps from a measured survey, sometimes from architects’ 2-D drawings, with the addition of photos, site visits, overhead photography and whatever other information can be collated.
- To generate 3D AutoCAD drawings
- To run analyses and compile results using bespoke software.
- To calculate maximum development envelope and propose cutbacks
- To work to deadlines and within budgets
- To regularly communicate with Surveyors and Project Manager on progress, who will then provide reports to the clients.
- Working hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm (Overtime as required)
- Training in London