3D CAD Coordinator with Waste to Energy, Process/water or oil & gas experience required for a successful engineering design company, the business has been growing from strength to strength and as a result have the requirement for a dedicated Power Plant 3D engineer.
The primary purpose of this post is as 3D CAD support to the engineering design team and Directors.
The ideal candidate will have experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D, Autodesk Inventor or Revit MEP (3D).
Duties will include:
- 2 & 3D design using Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Plant 3D & Autocad.
- Producing plant layouts, sections and renders.
- Production of 2D engineering drawings from the 3D model.
- Producing 3D imagery & visualisations for meeting with clients, designers, fabricators, suppliers and internal representatives.
- Working from P&ID’s and equipment layouts to design new installations.
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil
designers, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Review and generating 3D power plant designs including pipework
You will need:
- At least five years’ experience in 2D & 3D design using Autodesk inventor / Autodesk Plant 3D & Autocad.
- Knowledge of design processes working within a multiple discipline engineering environment, and within a project and commercially focused business.
- Conversant with the 3D standards & technologies.
- Good standard of IT literacy – especially Word, Excel and outlook
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with 3D file, and integration to supporting packages like Autodesk Navis Works.
We do not require you to have previous experience in Renewable Energy or Transmission and Distribution, but you must have extensive knowledge of 3D plant layout design in Autodesk Products. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing industries in the UK.
Please note that that although this position is available immediately, we can also consider applicants looking to start in January 2017.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.